Sunday, March 27, 2011

My body hates me

In all of 2010, I may have been sick one time. So far in 2011 though, I've already come across my second illness. I had a nagging cough that I FINALLY got rid of after getting to London. However, I've now got something super nasty that has knocked me on my arse. Yesterday, I went running in the morning (marathon training has started!), but after I got back home, I felt super exhausted and incredibly cold. I took a nap for 2 hours and then felt much better...however, later in the day, after the Oxford vs. Cambridge boat race (which by the way we didn't even see the boats since we were busy drinking at the pub), I was DONE and DONE.

Today, I've been sideways on the couch at best. I was supposed to head up to Cambridge to go golfing but I knew that wasn't happening as soon as I woke up and could barely get out of bed. Have you ever had the sweats one minute, but then been super cold another? Is that a fever or something? Either way, I cannot remember the last time I've felt this bad physically...

Let us hope that I can shake this off once and for all very soon. Since I only have three total months abroad, I have this desire to maximize every weekend and not sit around being a bum! I plan to spend next weekend exploring London...do you have any 'must see and must do' things I should tackle?

No comments: