Monday, April 9, 2007

The unthinkable has happened...

...I lost my bank card. To put it into better perspective, I feel like I have lost my leg. Not just from the knee down either, it feels like I have lost the entire leg.

Why am I blogging about this and not frantically trying to solve the problem? Well, I thought you (my dear readers) can live vicariously through me and experience the raw feelings I am going through. Just kidding, chill out, I have already called and canceled the card, and a new one is on the way. The only damage done is a 16 dollar service fee...

Now story time, and the question to be answered, "how did you lose it"? Let me start by saying I wasnt mugged, conned, or raped. Instead, this was out of my own stupidity really. Ive heard for a while now that you shouldnt carry your bankcard in the wallet since (1) its not used everyday anyways and (2) if the wallet gets jacked, so does the card. With this in mind, I finally decided to change locations, and of course, when I arrived in Budapest, I thought, now is a good time. After arriving to the hostel, I quickly meet a group of people and we all head to dinner. Before leaving, I take my bank card out, and secretly place it in with my camera case, and lock both up for the night. After dinner, I feel pretty exhausted and fall asleep almost immediately. The next morning (today) I woke up bright and early, ready to take about a million and one pictures of the city. What I forgot was, the card was in the camera case now. Actually, I forgot about it all day, and it wasnt until I was looking through my wallet that I realized, "OH SHIT". Im sure my poor card is laying out on the street getting trampled on, bent, broken, or maybe, even attempted to be used!

Ive hard such good times with my card, so good that I even just memorized the number. Now, I have to stew around, and wait until Wednesday when the new card should arrive. Please pray, do the rain dance, or whatever else and hope that it arrives safely! Ill keep you updated...

No comments: