Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Barcelona parties too hard!

Hello, I am exhausted. This time, its not from traveling different locations, but instead from partying. Back home, lets say we plan on going out to the bars. This is how it typically goes: start drinking around 8-9pm at the house, get to the bar around 11pm and be done by 2am. Here in Barcelona, it goes somewhat like this: go out for dinner around 9pm, eat and drink until 11pm, go to a bar around 12am, drink there until 2-3am, then go out to the club. I don´t think my body is conditioned for this type of partying yet!

As you already know, I am in Barcelona. I flew in from London on Sunday morning (which by the way was a horrible experience of staying up all night in order to make sure I wouldn´t miss my flight). Flying to Barcelona and arriving was excellent; weather was nice, no delays, Med Sea views, and the whole nine. Once into Barcelona though, I felt foreign for the first time on my travels. I got out of the airport expecting signs, etc. to be in English, or have an English translation, but NOPE. I had to decipher the language (which turns out isn´t really even Spanish because Barcelona is different) , find a random bus praying it would take me to Placa de Catalunya, and just go with it. Luckily I ran into a guy and started chatting: turns out he is staying at the EXACT hostel I am!

I´ve explored Barcelona for the past few days and will be spending 2 more nights here before I venture into Nice, France. I hear that is a gorgeous beach town, and I´m looking forward to a few days where I don´t do anything. I think I have a stupid blister on my toe, and walking has become less fun and more of a chore after arriving to Barcelona.

Otherwise, all else is great! I have officially spent one week away from home, so that means I´m 1/11th of the way through my trip!

If/When I figure out how to get my pictures from my camera onto a computer, I will start posting some pictures, but in the mean time, just close your eyes and imagine you know what I´m talking about (thats for you Ashley the complainer).

2 comments:

amy said...

Barcelona sounds so nice =)
i hope i'll be brave enough to go backpacking one day and then i can stop by there! i would love to see some pics so try to get them on the computer, okay? well enough about you lets talk about me (hehe jk) but we had our writing test today! and its really important for college and what not but the topic was so hard so i dont think i did well =( it was define the meaning of natural "human rights" blahh okay have fun
<3 amy

KDW said...

Watch out for pick pockets man. That and gypsies. You gotta watch out for those shifty-eyed gypsies!